This tart is really simple to make, and is always a crowd pleaser. It can be made several days in advance and kept in the refrigerator.
You can also make mini tarts by cutting the pastry with a 2 in round cutter or biscuit cutter and press dough into a mini muffin tin. If you opt to make the mini tarts, keep an eye on the crust as you bake so as not to over brown.
White Chocolate Cranberry Tart
- ½ Recipe Dove Olive Oil Pastry Crust
- 12 oz White Chocolate chips
- ½ cup plus 2 Tbsp. Heavy Cream
- 1 Vanilla Bean, split and seeds scraped (or 1 Tbsp. good Vanilla extract)
- 1 cup Dove Mandarin Spice Cranberry Sauce (or other whole cranberry sauce, preferably home-made)
- Preheat oven to 350. Press Dove Olive Oil Pastry Crust into a 10 in tart shell with removable bottom. Prick bottom and sides with a fork. Line with parchment and fill with pie weights or dried beans. Bake shell for 15-18 minutes until golden brown. Cover edges with foil or a pie shield if browning too quickly. (mini tarts will take only about 12-15 minutes.) Let crust cool completely.
- Bring cream to a gentle boil along with vanilla bean and seeds. Let steep, tightly covered off the heat for 30 minutes. Remove vanilla bean and return to a gentle boil. (if using vanilla extract, skip the steeping step. Bring cream to a boil, stir in extract, and proceed to step 3)
- Pour hot cream over white chocolate chips in a heatproof, microwave safe bowl, Let stand for 2 minutes. Stir until all chips are melted. (If chips are not melting, microwave at 20 second intervals and stir until well combined).
- Pour white chocolate mixture into cooled tart shell, reserving 2 Tbsp. for drizzling on top. Refrigerate until firm, about 3 hours.
- Spread Dove Mandarin Spice Cranberry Sauce in tart shell on top of White Chocolate layer and smooth with an offset spatula. Reheat remaining 2 Tbsp. White Chocolate in microwave at 30 second intervals, stirring in between, until thin enough to drizzle with a spoon. Drizzle cranberry layer with warm white chocolate and return to refrigerator to set, about 2 hours. Cover with plastic wrap and keep chilled until ready to serve. Enjoy!!!