Who says this savory side dish is for summers only? It’s perfect for Christmas dinner, or the day after when you want something a little lighter on the stomach after eating all those sugary desserts.
The light lemony flavor with a subtle hint of mint is perfect for the palate.
Cucumber Onion Salad
- 2 cucumbers, peeled
- 1/2 red onion
- 1 container cherry tomatoes
- ¼ cup of any Dove Single Varietal Olive Oil
- ¼ cup Dove Thai Lemongrass-Mint White Balsamic
- ¼ cup Italian Dressing
- salt & pepper
- Thinly slice cucumbers and red onion.
- Cut cherry tomatoes in half.
- In a separate bowl pour in the Dove Thai Lemongrass-Mint White Balsamic Vinegar and vigorously whisk in any of the Dove Single Varietal Olive Oils in a slow stream. When olive oil and balsamic vinegar are well combined stir in Italian dressing and salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour over vegetables and allow to marinate in the fridge at least four hours or overnight for best results.
Recipe and photograph provided by Kristin from Gingertart.com.