- January 11, 2011 -
Cranberry & Onion Balsamic Marmalade
- 2 tablespoons Dove Blood Orange Extra Virgin Olive Oil***
- 1 cup sliced onion loosely packed about one half an onion
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- fresh cracked pepper
- 2 cups fresh cranberries
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup Dove Pomegranate Balsamic***
- 1/4 Freshly squeezed orange juice
- Heat the Dove Blood Orange Extra Virgin Olive Oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion salt and a few turns of black pepper. Sauté until the onion is caramelized, about 15 minutes.
- Add cranberries, brown sugar, balsamic vinegar, and orange juice. Bring to a boil then reduce to a simmer.
- Cook until the sauce is jam-like in consistency, about 40 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Cool, then transfer to a container, cover and refrigerate up to one week.