Mashed Golden Cauliflower
This recipe for mashed cauliflower is a great alternative to the usual mashed potatoes. It’s so good you may want to add it to your Thanksgiving menu after giving it a try!
• 4 cups fresh cauliflower in small pieces – florets only
• 3 cups lightly salted water or chicken stock
• 1/3 cup creme fraiche
• 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons Dove Wild Mushroom and Sage Olive Oil
• 1/3 + 2 tablespoons cup Pecorino Romano, grated
• 3 large cloves whole garlic (optionally roasted)
• 2 tablespoons fresh chives, finely minced or snipped
• 2 teaspoons sea salt
• fresh ground pepper to taste
1. Place the florets and water or chicken stock to a simmer in a medium pot. If you are not using roasted garlic, add your fresh garlic cloves to the pot as well, simmer for 6 minutes, and drain thoroughly.
2. Place the still hot, drained florets in a large bowl with the creme fraiche, Dove Wild Mushroom and Sage Olive Oil, roasted garlic, Pecorino, salt, and pepper.
3. With an immersion blender (stick blender), process the ingredients until just pureed or to desired consistency.
4. To finish, drizzle with additional grated Pecorino, a drizzle of Dove Wild Mushroom and Sage Olive Oil, and chives.