Jalapeno Balsamic Pickles
Do you have an abundance of garden cucumbers that are dying to be pickled? This is a fiery recipe – but think it’ll add just the right amount of spice to your life.
• 2 pounds fresh, small, firm pickling cucumbers
• 1 fresh habanero pepper sliced in half (optional)
• 5 cloves fresh garlic (optional)
• 3″ sprig fresh dill
• 1 cup Dove French Champagne Vinegar
• 1 cup Dove Jalapeno White Balsamic Vinegar
• 2 cups filtered water
• 1/4 cup kosher salt
• 1 tablespoon pickling spice mix (optional)
1. Arrange cucumbers, habanero pepper halves, garlic cloves, and sprig of dill in one large sterilized lidded jar, or divide among smaller sterilized jars with tight fitting lids.
2. In a medium sauce pan set over medium-high heat, heat French Champagne Vinegar, Jalapeno White Balsamic Vinegar, pickling spice (if using), salt, and water to a simmer.
3. Pour hot liquid over the pickles, making sure the liquid comes above the pickles and allow to cool to room temperature.
4. Refrigerate pickles for a minimum of 7 days before eating to allow the brine to penetrate the cucumbers. Flavor will improve over time. Keep refrigerated.