This summery muffin recipe can be the simple and sweet center of any breakfast or snack.
Blueberry Lemon Muffins
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/3 cup Dove Eureka Lemon Olive Oil
- 1 egg
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Line muffin tin with 12 paper baking cups.
- In medium bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt; mix well.
- In small bowl, combine milk, Dove Eureka Lemon Olive Oil, and eggs; beat well. Add to flour mixture all at once, just stir until dry ingredients are moistened. Add in blueberries (batter will be lumpy).
- Divide batter evenly into each paper baking cup. Bake at 20 to 25 minutes or until done.
- Cool 1 minute and glaze (OPTIONAL). To make glaze, simply mix powdered sugar and lemon juice and stir until smooth.
Makes about 12 muffins.
Recipe courtesy of Tami Branham.