- October 27, 2013 -
Apple Walnut Baked Oatmeal
- 3/4 cup old fashioned oats
- 1/4 cup steel cut oats
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 egg white
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1/4 cup apple butter
- 3 tablespoons raisins
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 medium apple, finely diced
- Dove Roasted Almond Olive Oil for pan
- Dove Cinnamon Pear Balsamic for topping
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and oil loaf pan with Dove Roasted Almond Olive Oil.
- Stir together rolled oats, steel cut oats and baking soda in a large bowl.
- In a smaller bowl, combine egg white, applesauce, and apple/pumpkin butter.
- Add applesauce mixture to the oat mixture and stir.
- Add walnuts, apples, and raisins to oatmeal mix.
- Pour or scoop mixture into the loaf pan.
- Bake uncovered for twelve minutes.
- Remove from oven, stir, and bake for another ten minutes.
- Before serving drizzle Dove Cinnamon Pear Balsamic over the top of the finished oatmeal.
Recipe and photo provided by Kelly at Star Impulse.