Shrimp Ricotta Pizza with Arugula and Prosciutto
The first time I made this pizza I had 2 (physically) grown men wrestling over the last piece. The whole wheat crust is rolled paper thin, and to ensure that it stays very crisp it goes into the oven alone for a few minutes before the toppings are added. The combination of the delicate shrimp with spicy arugula and pillowy ricotta cheese make this a perfect pizza for brunch, lunch, or dinner and has a fraction of the fat and calories of a greasy take-out pie.
- 1/4 Recipe Whole Wheat Pizza Crust
- 1 1/4 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- 2 cups loosely packed baby arugula, torn into very small pieces (you can substitute 1 8oz pkg frozen spinach, thawed & dry)
- 1 lb. medium shrimp, peeled, deveined, and chopped
- 1 Tbsp. + 2 tsp Dove Roasted California Garlic Olive Oil
- 1 Tbsp Dove Eureka Lemon Olive Oil
- 3 slices prosciutto, cut into thin strips (or sub. crumbled cooked bacon)
Preheat oven to 425. Roll dough out to about 1/8 in. thick. Place on pizza stone, round cookie sheet, or regular sheet pan and bake for about 5 minutes, until just browning lightly. Remove from oven and let cool.
Toss shrimp in 2 tsp. Dove Garlic EVOO, sprinkle with salt and pepper. Keep shrimp in fridge or on ice until needed.
Combine ricotta, Parmesan, arugula, Dove Lemon EVOO and remaining Garlic EVOO. Spread onto slightly cooled crust, coming very close to the edge. Top with chopped, oil-coated shrimp and sprinkle with prosciutto strips. Bake for 10-15 min, until cheese mixture is hot and shrimp are perfectly pink. Enjoy!