Shaved Fennel Salad with Milanese Gremolata
Are you getting bored with the same ole’ salads day after day? Change things up a bit with this shaved fennel salad. Attempt to get the fennel as thin as possible, but watch your fingers. You’ll need them for more delicious recipes.
- 2 trimmed, thinly sliced fennel bulbs
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped flat leaf parsley
- 4 tablespoons Dove Milanese Gremolata Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- fresh ground pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup finely shaved Pecorino Romano
- 3 Cups mixed baby greens for presentation – optional
Place the shaved fennel in a resealable Ziplock bag or bowl large enough to hold it. Thoroughly whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, salt, pepper, and chopped flat leaf parsley.
Pour over the fennel and toss to coat. Marinate in the refrigerator for two hours.
In a bowl or large platter, arrange a bed of washed mixed baby greens. Arrange the fennel over the greens, pouring any remaining dressing over the fennel and greens. Sprinkle evenly with shaved Pecorino and fresh ground pepper.